IS RUNNING THE BEST EXERCISE TO LOSE WEIGHT?

Ever wondered why marathon runners are so slim and slender?Sometimes I am amazed at how a simple but often ignored cardiovascular exercise like running could have tremendous benefits on the body.

I was once a runner in high school but laziness took the better part of me and I lost interest.But at the moment,I'm beginning to take my once adored outdoor activity seriously because now I know better.

BENEFITS OF RUNNING INCLUDE:
1.Increasing the metabolism for the body to burn fat faster.
2.Improving cardiovascular performance.
3.Increasing bone density as the bones are able to retain nutrients.
4.Relieving the body of stress and depression.
5.Improving breathing.

Running especially on route,despite its advantages is highly dependent on the weather conditions.It could also injure the joints especially the knees and ankles.Most people who start running even gain weight because initially,appetite will be increased.

WILL RUNNING MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
Running will make you lose a lot of weight if combined with good nutrition.It is a low investment exercise and is the best way to start.Running relatively burns more calories.Even though it could be quite monotonous,you could also engage in other activities that involves running like basketball and football.

HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU RUN TO LOSE WEIGHT?
You could start with 30-60 mins at least 5 days a week.It should however be noted that the distance you run doesn't have significant effect on weight loss.It is rather your running speed and intensity.

WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR RUNNING ?
First,you have to get a good pair of running shoes.They should make you feel comfortable and also prevent injury to the feet.Your mode of dressing should be appropriate.Maybe a t-shirt or sports bra with shorts.I know some people who take energy drinks before running but it will do your body good if you take the non-caffeine ones.

Running,be it on route or on the treadmill can help you lose a lot of weight .
Before running,firstly warm up or even start by walking or jogging whilst increasing intensity.
For people with existing cardiovascular diseases or joint problems,it is advisable to consult your doctor first.
If you are more of an extrovert,try running with friends or join a local running club.
There are several online forums that you could join to share your experiences and learn new ideas.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post relevant comments.

About the Blog

My purpose for blogging is basically to share my knowledge on obesity and other related issues to my readers.

Generally,I will be blogging about obesity,weight loss,dieting and exercise,product reviews as well as press releases.

I will be adding an interview section soon where my interview with health experts and others will be posted.

So make sure you visit frequently. :D

I am an open minded person and love to hear other peoples' views.All information here are based on my own personal research.

Please feel free to post RELEVANT comments and
subscribe to my RSS feed as well.

Happy reading!



  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP